Michael A Charters, MDBoard Certified Orthopaedic SurgeonHip & Knee Replacement
I specialize in hip and knee replacement surgery and robotic knee replacement.
Dr. Charters clinical interests include multimodal pain management and rapid recovery after joint replacement surgery. His research is focused on improving joint replacement surgery outcomes.
Awards and Honors:
Dr. Charters received the Hour Detroit "Top Doctors" award in Orthopaedic Surgery in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
Dr. Charters was recipient of the Edward D. Henderson Award from the Mid-America Orthopaedic Associaton in 2014 and 2020. Dr. Charters won the Orthopaedics journal "Best Clinical Article Award" in 2016 and 2019 as well as the Orthopaedics journal Blue Ribbon Article Award March/April 2017 and September/October 2019. He was co-author on the winning research project at the Detroit Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons meeting 3 years in a row.
Dr. Charters is also recognized on the "Healthgrades Honor Roll".
- Radiographic Predictors of Screw Cutout for Intertrochanteric Fractures Treated With Cephalomedullary Nails.
- Effect of Acetylsalicylic Acid Dose and Time Discontinued Preoperatively on Outcomes After Total Knee and Hip Arthroplasty.
- Indwelling Urinary Catheter for Total Joint Arthroplasty Using Epidural Anesthesia.
- Emergency Department Visit Within One Year Prior to Elective Total Joint Arthroplasty Is Predictive of Postoperative Return to Emergency Department Within 90 Days.
- Hip Fracture Mortality: Differences Between Intertrochanteric and Femoral Neck Fractures.
- Short Versus Long Cephalomedullary Nails for Pertrochanteric Hip Fracture.
- Effect of Body Mass Index on Blood Transfusion in Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty.
- Intraoperative Periprosthetic Femur Fracture: A Biomechanical Analysis of Cerclage Fixation.
- Rivaroxaban Versus Enoxaparin for Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis after Hip and Knee Arthroplasty.
- Predictors and complications of blood transfusion in total hip and knee arthroplasty.
- Evaluating the use and utility of noninvasive angiography in diagnosing traumatic blunt cerebrovascular injury.
- The impact of a screensaver in promoting hand hygiene.
Overview of Knee Replacements
Methods of Entry for a Hip Replacement
Technology in Joint Replacement Recovery